Thursday, September 19, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Darren Criss

Back in about mid June, I was watching the matinee of the Tony-winning Broadway musical of "Kinky Boots" at the Al Hirschfeld Theater.  I was roaming around the theater during intermission and all of a sudden I saw Darren going to sit down.  So I had a baseball with me so I asked him to sign it and he laughed about it while signing it.  He wrote "Brian - If only I were a ball player" following his signature.  Not only did he sign the ball, but he had remembered meeting me from one previous time.  However, he did not want to take a photo because he didn't want a crowd to come to him so he told me to wait by the side exit doors and he would find me and take a photo with me.  At the end of the show, he sees me waiting and he waved to me while proceeding to come over and he took my camera and took the photo.  I would see Darren two weeks later at his concert and prior to the show he brought me to a area of the venue to autograph a few items for me and take a photo with me since he remembered me.  Darren is one of the nicest guys in the business, yet the most appreciative of his fan base.  
Darren Criss and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment